Thursday, July 26, 2012

Cameras

Old camera
I recently upgraded my camera.  Some of the photographs on past blogs were taken with an old film camera.  I purchased that little point and shoot 35mm camera when I was in college.  (Oui that ages me)  It still takes great pictures, but the flash no longer works and it’s getting harder to find film.  So I had to break down and get a new camera.

I did a lot of research before I made a purchase.  It was important for me to find a camera with a view finder.  That took me a long time.  I played with a couple different cameras at the store before I made a decision.
New camera

These photos are taken with the new camera.  There are still features I need to figure out but that will come with time.  I did learn that my new digital camera is heavier than my old film camera.  I need to change the shoulder that I carry the camera on often.

Hiking is a great way to enjoy the beauty of nature.  Taking photographs is the best way to take that beauty home with you.  Never take a cutting from a plant.  Never ever try to bring a bug or an animal home from a hike.  Always leave the nature in the forest.  [Duh, I know but there is always that one person who will try.] Sometimes you’ll see a place to scrape your boots so you don’t bring seeds, or bugs from one forest to another.  Use them both before and after your hike.

That leads me to another saying hikers use.  Leave only footprints, take only pictures. 

Pack out what you pack in.




No comments:

Post a Comment