Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Dogs

A dog chased me while I was riding my bike this morning.  He was in the street to chase me.  I hate it when that happens.  Luckily there were no cars on the road or the dog could have been hit.

Yes, I know these are bears and not dogs.
I don't have any pictures of dogs. 
Please send me some:)
I can’t blame the dog he was simply doing what dogs do, protecting his territory.  It was irresponsible for the dog’s owners to not train him to stay in his yard.  I didn’t hear anyone calling the dog so he was completely unsupervised in the yard.  He could’ve been hurt or worse and nobody would have known.

When I go walking in the park I’m always grateful for those dog owners who make the time to train their dogs.  Please don’t get me wrong I like dogs.  I simply wish I didn’t get chased by them.

When you come across a dog and you can’t see his owner, don’t make eye contact.  Put your hand out for him to smell.  Hopefully the owner will show up by then.  Of course, if he is barking and angry looking it’s a better idea to stand very still and do not make eye contact.

I really do like dogs but I like owners who train their dogs even more.

Pack out what you pack in.

No comments:

Post a Comment